Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You may say I'm a dreamer..


But I'm not the only one!
The song of the day is Imagine by the amazing John Lennon. I have chosen this song, because my entry today is dedicated to peace, and a better world. Sounds tacky, I know, but keep reading, you will definitly be touched..
Earlier today, I was just chillin', and looking around facebook, when I stumbled across this link to a video..I read a short description; "Use thirty minutes of your lives to save thousands of childrens. Joseph Kony abducts, abuses, and creates a children-army, and makes them kill their own parents. All this started 26 years ago in Uganda. The children who lives in, and north from Uganda, would rather die than live." Since I was a little bored, I thought, that watching the video wouldn't hurt anyone... About 7 minutes into the video, I sat with tears in my eyes, and wondered how this was not known already? And when the video was over, I was 100 % dedicated; I will, without anyones permission or not; participate in KONY 2012, a project made by Invisible Children, that focuses on making Joseph Kony as famous as possible, so as many people as possible will know about him, and he can be stopped. 
Official description of the video; KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

You can at this link watch the video; http://vimeo.com/37119711 or at this; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc
And afterwards you can at this link buy t-shirts, bracelets, posters, and whatever; http://invisiblechildrenstore.myshopify.com/ - if you can't afford it, or like me isn't allowed to participate, you can always make posters and stuff like that yourself; it doesn't matter how it looks, as long as it holds the names KONY 2012 or Joseph Kony, and probably some fancy colours that attracts people's attention!
And at last, you can search for an event on facebook that is located in your area...the event should be on 20th of April to 21th of April, in the evening and night, and is about putting posters up everywhere, to make Joseph Kony and KONY 2012 known! More about this in the video.

Stop at nothing!

- Chiaki


No comments:

Post a Comment