Saturday, December 24, 2011

And in our world of plenty, we can spread a smile of joy..


Throw your arms around the world at christmastime!
Since it's finally christmas, I thought I'd share my favorite christmas-song with you. Actually, it's danish, and not on youtube. That's kind of sad. I would've given you the translation and stuff, but I just couldn't find the song itself. ): Anyways, like I said it's danish, and the lyrics are here so if you want, you can take them, and put them into google translate or something. It's a really beautiful song about the danish christmas-spirit and stuff. It's called "when the snow falls".
Instead of sharing that with you, I'm sharing my second favorite, and I'm going to give you a little explantion on why I celebrate christmas!
My second favorite is Do They Know It's Christmas (Feed The World) by Band Aid. I absolutely love it. It's so beautiful, and has a meaning, unlike a lot of other christmas-songs - I'm not christian, so I don't really celebrate christmas because of 'Jesus' and stuff. I see christmas as a danish tradition, lol! In my view, christmas is the time of the year where you get to see a lot of people you don't see so much the rest of the year - the rest of the family. Christmas is indeed a holiday celebrated with the family. Like, I don't really see my grandfather (from my dad's side) most of the year, but sometimes on christmas, I get to see him. That's really great, 'cause I love him very much.
So, yeah, now you know a little about why I celebrate christmas, even though I am not christian at all. I celebrate it because I see it as a tradition where you're together with you family and friends, and basicly the people you love.
Christmas is indeed 'hjerternes fest' (party of the hearts, in danish).
- Chiaki

No comments:

Post a Comment