Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh, well in fact, well I'll look at it this way..


I mean technically our marriage is saved!
The song of the day is I Write Sins Not Tragedies på Panic! At The Disco. I've always loved this song, right from the first time I listened to it. It's not just an awesome song, but it also has a very amazing music video, and I really appreciate that. 
Unlike a lot of other people, I do not think this song is about marriage or anything; I think that's just a metaphor. What I think this song is about, is people talking behind your back. That even though you should act mature, like it never happened, it can sometimes be hard to just let is pass, and maybe drink it down or such: "pour the champagne". This is the meaning of this song, to me, and I actually got it from the "What a beautiful wedding, what a beautiful wedding," says a bridesmaid to a waiter, "and yes, but what a shame, what a shame, the poor groom's bride is a whore"-line. I mean, the bridesmaid is supposed to be a dear friend of the bride, but this girl obviously isn't. So I suppose the whole song is a reaction to people talking behind your back, due to the "haven't you people ever heard of closing a god damn door?". 
Like I said, that's just what I can find in the lyrics. What kind of meaning you get, is of course up to you.
I didn't have a lot to tell you today..this is just..all I could find to share. Thank you for reading, anyways.

- Chiaki

No comments:

Post a Comment