Thursday, May 17, 2012

I still want to drown whenever you leave..


Please teach me gently how to breathe.
The song of the day is Shelter by The xx, but this version is a very beautiful cover by Birdy, you know, one of my favorite artists. I've chosen this song, because somehow, it reminds me of what I've gone through with my boyfriend.. It hasn't always been pure perfect, as many people think. Whenever I've told someone about my wants to break up with him, everyone's been like 'oh no, don't, you're so perfect together!'. And I guess we are, to you. But not to me. And probably not to him either. And that what makes me love him.
Our relationship reflects life. Not everything is perfect, not everything is great and amazing. Sometimes, it all falls apart, and everything is shit, and you can't do anything about it. The art of living, is keeping yourself together while this happens. And so I believe, this is also the art of my relationship with Sigurd. Staying together, even though everything is falling to pieces, because in the end, life is made for living, and love is made for loving, and we are going to be ok. I suppose. 
On the outside, some of you may think things are perfect. They're not. Last thing I want to say, is that the song of the day is dedicated to my boyfriend.. Thank you for staying and never letting go, even though we slip away from each other at times, and I'm hard to deal with. I love you.

"I find shelter in this way
Under cover, hide away
Can you hear when I say
I have never felt this way"

- Chiaki

No comments:

Post a Comment